Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: US Army wants new sidearm

My Sig 1911 Tacops is my most accurate weapon, the most comfortable to shoot and, until I swapped out the spring in the Beretta today, it was also the one that allowed me to get back on target with the most speed and accuracy. The only gun I've liked better is a 9 mm Shield with an Apex trigger. And that is next on my list.
    "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

A Straight Man in a Sea of Fudge packers.
    The only perfect people drive Power Wagons.

POWER WAGON; genuflect and bow your head you unworthy piss-ant and pray to whatever God you believe in to have mercy upon your soul and your inferior pile of rusted crap car.

-'There is nothing more dangerously evil than a "well educated" liberal.'

No surprise there.

Just curious but how many bad guys do they end up shooting with their pistols versus rifle for the round to really matter that much? If we're talking about 9mm ball versus .45 ball, I didn't think they were really that much different, terminally anyways. They really need just need some good hollowpoints like the HST.
    Self-improvement is masturbation.Self-destruction is the answer.

Hollow are not allowed.

And the application of a sidearm varies widely across the Army. IMHO I would have preferred to go back to 45, but I am not at all surprised they kept the NATO round, I like my 92, but many of the M9s I saw or shot were just garbage. Many more times it was the gunked up gritty mags. I'm happy to see a new and presumably "better" weapon system.

POWER WAGON; genuflect and bow your head you unworthy piss-ant and pray to whatever God you believe in to have mercy upon your soul and your inferior pile of rusted crap car.

The 320 should be a lot easier to maintain since the guts easily come out. Probably easier to clean too. I love the 92, it's as much a classic as the 1911 at this point. One downside to the Sig is a lack of character. It's very plain looking.
    "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

I don't view the M9 as an iconic silhouette like the 1911 or AK47... more of a movie favorite gun from the 80's... allah John McClain. Lol

I'm not saying the 92 isn't a fine weapon, I like mine a lot and shoot it well.

I wonder if the CMP will be getting a shitload of M9's now? John, I never had any problems with my issue M9, buuuuut, they weren't 30+ years old at the time and I was anal about keeping mine clean (as well as doing a few tricks to tighten and smooth out the action for combat pistol matches) and maintained. I always shot 290 or better with it when we qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy View Post
    Hollow are not allowed.

And the application of a sidearm varies widely across the Army. IMHO I would have preferred to go back to 45, but I am not at all surprised they kept the NATO round, I like my 92, but many of the M9s I saw or shot were just garbage. Many more times it was the gunked up gritty mags. I'm happy to see a new and presumably "better" weapon system.
    Yep, HP's are against the Geneva Convention. You know the Marines spec ops guys dropped the Colt M45 1911 and went with the G19, right? It would be nice to see those Colts hit the CMP as well. I almost bought a new one not long ago.
    '89 Mustang Coupe
    '01 Lightning #6257 of 6381
    '06 TBSS
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by EHardy1971 View Post
    I wonder if the CMP will be getting a shitload of M9's now? John, I never had any problems with my issue M9, buuuuut, they weren't 30+ years old at the time and I was anal about keeping mine clean (as well as doing a few tricks to tighten and smooth out the action for combat pistol matches) and maintained. I always shot 290 or better with it when we qualified.

Yep, HP's are against the Geneva Convention. You know the Marines spec ops guys dropped the Colt M45 1911 and went with the G19, right? It would be nice to see those Colts hit the CMP as well. I almost bought a new one not long ago.
    Actually Ed it's the Hague Convention. ;-)

The newer M9s, especially with the new mags were pretty reliable. I shot them well, but I saw lots of junk ones and mags that looked like they were manufactured in a sand pit. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy View Post
    Actually Ed it's the Hague Convention. ;-)

The newer M9s, especially with the new mags were pretty reliable. I shot them well, but I saw lots of junk ones and mags that looked like they were manufactured in a sand pit. Lol
    D'OH! That's right, thanks for the correction. Yeah, mags always seem to get neglected during weapons cleaning. I disassemble and clean all mine on my personal weapons that can be disassembled, about once a year. They're usually not too bad considering they don't get drug through the dirt and sand like ours did in the field and on deployments lol! The only exception is my 1911 mags when I'm doing speed reload drills and let them hit the ground, but my range is grassy so they don't get bad dirty.
    '89 Mustang Coupe
    '01 Lightning #6257 of 6381
    '06 TBSS
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I is kind of want a wilson-ized 92...

I is kind of want a wilson-ized 92...

Self-improvement is masturbation.Self-destruction is the answer.