Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1979 F150 Build

Howard's cams makes link bar roller lifters if you want to pony up for a roller cam. I believe they use the same lifter set as a Windsor. Howard's also makes a killer roller torque cam. Spendy and I ran outta dough so I ended up with a comp Xtreme energy XE 262 flat tappet. Some equate running a flat tappet cam with Russian roulette these days but I feel that with proper oil and good parts it's a non-issue
    "You're a bad guy, you do bad shit. I'm a good guy, I stop you. I just want to get back to that." - Lt. Roosevelt, San Joaquin Sheriffs

Finally loading it up and heading to the machine shop this week.

"I'm so glad I wasn't anywhere near the engineering department when the 94 came out. I'm sure it started with "just keep the powertrain from the 93" and 6 months later, people are pulling their hair out, beating their wives, kicking their dogs, ending up with 90% of the powertrain being new, and everyone wondering wtf happened." - carpediem50

HA! A year later and the heads are back from the machine shop. I'll try and get pictures uploaded soon, not much to see, but they look much better than when I dropped them off!
    "I'm so glad I wasn't anywhere near the engineering department when the 94 came out. I'm sure it started with "just keep the powertrain from the 93" and 6 months later, people are pulling their hair out, beating their wives, kicking their dogs, ending up with 90% of the powertrain being new, and everyone wondering wtf happened." - carpediem50

Oh yeah! These things are pretty.

The goodies are starting to roll in!!!

Nice, I've got a soft spot for those trucks. As said, those motors were turds but they were pretty much indestructible.

Last box of parts should arrive Monday. My kitchen table is completely covered in parts for this truck engine. Good thing I'm not married or have kids haha!

Just got word from the machine shop. The block and rotating assembly are complete. I'll pick it up and post pictures on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by 87handmedown View Post
    Just got word from the machine shop. The block and rotating assembly are complete. I'll pick it up and post pictures on Friday!
    !!!!!

He did not say what Friday...

Blog Entries
    What a dick.
    "That stolen lemur bit one of your prostitutes right in the face. She can't go to hospital because she's, quote, tripping balls"

-Woodhouse

Hahaha sorry, I was a little busy and forgot to take pictures. Here you go!!!

Now to start putting all these go fast parts on it!!!

Looking good