Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeep

A Straight Man in a Sea of Fudge packers.

Jeep

Just cause I like these threads to drive certain people crazy with them and well I haven't decided what I want to do.

I love my current 07 JK. It has been and is truly great. I got it with 86k about 20 months ago and it is about to run over 130k. It had a check engine light when I got, bad injector so I replaced all 6 of them. No other issues aside from the new top and tires. I traded it for 3 weapons I was selling on armslist that had a value of maybe $3,500. Anyway I love it, only issue is the parking brake dosent work so I just use a chock block. Anyway I love the thing unlike that POS 13 JK I had.

Anyway I have been thinking of buying another old JK but this time a JKU. I have plenty of cars with four doors, but it dosent have three seat belts in the backseat. The jeep is my DD and what I just dump miles on. When I take the kids it is usually in the Expedition or PW. However when we go out in the RV and using it as a toad it is a PITA if we gave my godson with and we do often.

I would sell the JK if I find a JKU. I've found a few but nothing really local. As per my usual on this I am trying to stay cheap. A ceiling of $17k, but much prefer cheaper. I will be keeping it for a while, I'm not too worried on miles on that account.

I've found these some what local.

I like this one a lot. I love the color. But they will not budge on price at all.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0919/overview/

This one is high mile but can get at $10,500 OTD.

http://stoufersautosalesinc.autowebs...hicle/27809010

This guy is kinda local, kinda pricey and has a pretty good gouge under the driver's door and it already rusty.

http://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/5783260291.html

I don't want a hard top. All I want is a row it yourself and AC, power windows would be nice but not required.

I will move over the light bar and flat tow plate from my current JK to the JKU.

My JK has a mild lift and I will do the same for the JKU IF I get one. I'm just kinda thinking about it right now. I love my current jeep still.
    The only perfect people drive Power Wagons.

POWER WAGON; genuflect and bow your head you unworthy piss-ant and pray to whatever God you believe in to have mercy upon your soul and your inferior pile of rusted crap car.

-'There is nothing more dangerously evil than a "well educated" liberal.'

"Just get a JKU."

Thank you Joe.

POWER WAGON; genuflect and bow your head you unworthy piss-ant and pray to whatever God you believe in to have mercy upon your soul and your inferior pile of rusted crap car.

Man, those things hold their value pretty well. They all seem overpriced to me.
    "Don't quote me boy" - Easy E

Man I think you should get... Oh wait, ok, ok. Ok.

Anyway, I would look south and find one not near salt or the beach. Wouldnt those be like 4x4 winter vehicles up there? Just a thought.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

They are DD's up here just like everywhere else. I don't want to travel that far for a beater.

Blog Entries
    You locked your "the ex" thread. Fyi.

And just keep your eyes open. The right one will show up.
    "That stolen lemur bit one of your prostitutes right in the face. She can't go to hospital because she's, quote, tripping balls"

-Woodhouse

The current heep...

I see something about an 'ex' thread, a motor home, and pictures of stripclubs.

Strip club circuit? Last time I did that was with a girl named Sandy, she drove a beat up caddy.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

2 clubs do not make a circuit. Especially how shitty central Wisconsin ones are.

I will trade you fancy houston strip clubs for shitty midwestern strip clubs any day. Mainly because midwestern women are usually bred a bit better.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

Dude, strippers are strippers. Lol

I like strip clubs, I know they are dirty and a waste of money, but I like naked ladies. But I also enjoy talking to the strippers, always makes me feel so much better about my life. Hell the last time I went ones of th girls was just opening up about her life, her times in jail, when she got arrested at 16 for prositution, how she can't drive for atleast 6 years because of her latest DUI. Blah blah blah. I don't mind dropping dollars, a nice constant misting is my speed, I don't ever make it rain. I've been to TX clubs, they were fun in Austin. Worst clubs were in UT.

Blog Entries
    That's one of the best posts I think I've ever read. Lol.
    "That stolen lemur bit one of your prostitutes right in the face. She can't go to hospital because she's, quote, tripping balls"

-Woodhouse

I'm not getting sucked into this thread yet again. Nope, not gonna do it.
    "Terrible, terrible, the way we have all bent to the yoke; the affection we have for the harness about us." - Isaac Asimov, The Dead Past

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jevchance View Post
    Just make it about strip clubs. I kinda wanna go now. Haven't been since the bachelor party of whichever buddy of mine got married last. 3 years ago?

-Woodhouse

Quote Originally Posted by jevchance View Post
    Yes you wiiiiiiilllllll...

Jeeps and strippers. Stick around.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

I was fin'ta axe jev ta peep out dat jeep in michigan.

Detroit holla
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

hate to get off topic about strip clubs, jus gonna throw out a cheap option- install a center seat belt on the current jeep.
    also, you're not that far from Canadian border- Canadian strip clubs are the shiznit.

There is no room for a third belt in the backseat.

Well, I didn't say it would be comfortable, lol. But there is enough room in the middle for a child seat.
    I've had my two skinny kids and two 75 pound dogs in the back of one, albeit for short trips. Not super comfy, but a third seatbelt is verrry cheap vs a 4 door jeep if ur talking short trips and not very often

You for sure could add one but it would be useless for my needs. There would be zero chance of fitting two booster seats and a car seat back there. None.

It would be even be very tight in the backseat of a JKU. It was damn near impossible even in the middle row of my old Explrorer.

I think you should get the JKU.

And he may be right about canandian strip clubs. Someone told me you throw "looney" and "toony" coins at the strippers, don't know how true that is.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

It's very true.

I've been to strip clubs in and around Toronto and the Niagara area. They were fun, the girls were very nice and had very different super problems... moose tipping arrests and fines for using words like damn and heck and schucks in public. Kinda like jev being the PM up there.