Thread: Manchester

A Straight Man in a Sea of Fudge packers.

Manchester

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05...oll-at-22.html

Another tragic act of terrorism. My heart goes out to the families.
    The only perfect people drive Power Wagons.

POWER WAGON; genuflect and bow your head you unworthy piss-ant and pray to whatever God you believe in to have mercy upon your soul and your inferior pile of rusted crap car.

-'There is nothing more dangerously evil than a "well educated" liberal.'

Blog Entries
    Sadly, I think people are getting numb to it. After the attack at that concert in Paris, it was all anyone was talking about on FB and IG and whatever. Last night, there was hardly any talk about it at all. Ivy was the only one I saw post about it.
    "That stolen lemur bit one of your prostitutes right in the face. She can't go to hospital because she's, quote, tripping balls"

-Woodhouse

Until you wipe this plague from the earth, these terrorist acts will not stop.
    "I'm so glad I wasn't anywhere near the engineering department when the 94 came out. I'm sure it started with "just keep the powertrain from the 93" and 6 months later, people are pulling their hair out, beating their wives, kicking their dogs, ending up with 90% of the powertrain being new, and everyone wondering wtf happened." - carpediem50

Quote Originally Posted by carpediem50 View Post
    Sadly, I think people are getting numb to it. After the attack at that concert in Paris, it was all anyone was talking about on FB and IG and whatever. Last night, there was hardly any talk about it at all. Ivy was the only one I saw post about it.
    They had it on the TVs on the cruise ship last night....so many people walked past as if it meant nothing. I stopped dead in my tracks and my friend got all concerned when he saw the look on my face. It's pretty sad how many people hardly gave it a second look.
    Self-improvement is masturbation.Self-destruction is the answer.

I wish all those that want to blow themselves up do it around like minded people.

I wish all those that want to blow themselves up do it around like minded people.

The POS targeted teen and preteen girls. That's a special kind of fucked up.

The problem is the ideology is like a cancer and it feeds best on those who are socially awkward/outcast. There is no shortage or people willing to kill themselves to hurt others when they believe they are doing it for a greater good.

I don't see how it will ever resolve without a true cultural war, which would turn into a race war and that's never going to happen. Best option, vaporize the countries that breed those Imam's who exploit the weak. IF it's going to happen, it will happen with our current administration. But given how numb people have become to violence, I'm not sure what event would be enough to justify a nuclear option on Capitol Hill.

In the meantime, I'll continue to carry and keep an eye out for shady people wearing bombs.
    "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Sadly, I think people are getting numb to it.
    I agree, but I like to phrase is differently. People realize they can't live their lives worrying about the "what if" in terms of terrorists.

When I was recently in Madrid, it was the celebration of the patron saint of Madrid. There were celebrations all over the city. The music concerts in Plaza Mayor probably had 500 people shoulder to shoulder and 100% zero prescreening before you walked into the free public concert. A backpack or wheeled luggage would never checked. Yeah there were 2-3 officers at each of the 4 entrances to the square, but they were just BSing with each other while hoping to not have to deal with any drunks.

Earlier in the day, I came across some sort of procession from a church to I'm guessing one of the city squares. I stood there waiting for 10-15 minutes as I saw the band setting up. The procession started, the band was playing, and then there was some screaming, some glass breaking, and several people running in fear while screaming as if it was a terrorist attack. Myself, I just hit record....

Likely some drunk women arguing with her boyfriend and she then knocked over a table, or threw a beer bottle. Either way, again, nothing stopping a terrorist attack there. Hell, I was standing next to a large garbage can, like 3 foot square and 4 foot tall. Who knows what could have been places in there 3 hours prior.

So as messed up as it might be, yes, I consider myself numb to the possibility of an attack. Now some concert arena in Manchester will have more security or move their security zone out further. There will be no more attack there...just a few other million places left 100% wide open.
    ** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint

Sadly, I think people are getting numb to it.
    I agree, but I like to phrase is differently. People realize they can't live their lives worrying about the "what if" in terms of terrorists.

When I was recently in Madrid, it was the celebration of the patron saint of Madrid. There were celebrations all over the city. The music concerts in Plaza Mayor probably had 500 people shoulder to shoulder and 100% zero prescreening before you walked into the free public concert. A backpack or wheeled luggage would never checked. Yeah there were 2-3 officers at each of the 4 entrances to the square, but they were just BSing with each other while hoping to not have to deal with any drunks.

Earlier in the day, I came across some sort of procession from a church to I'm guessing one of the city squares. I stood there waiting for 10-15 minutes as I saw the band setting up. The procession started, the band was playing, and then there was some screaming, some glass breaking, and several people running in fear while screaming as if it was a terrorist attack. Myself, I just hit record....

Likely some drunk women arguing with her boyfriend and she then knocked over a table, or threw a beer bottle. Either way, again, nothing stopping a terrorist attack there. Hell, I was standing next to a large garbage can, like 3 foot square and 4 foot tall. Who knows what could have been places in there 3 hours prior.

So as messed up as it might be, yes, I consider myself numb to the possibility of an attack. Now some concert arena in Manchester will have more security or move their security zone out further. There will be no more attack there...just a few other million places left 100% wide open.
    ** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint