Thread: Any parts number guru's in here? Heavy Duty Payload package springs for new F150

Any parts number guru's in here? Heavy Duty Payload package springs for new F150

I am looking at getting a travel trailer. Airstream Classic 30 and the tounge is advertised around 800lbs with gross trailer at 10,000lbs. But people are saying the tounge is more like 1100.

So I have this pretty much loaded out 15 F150 and the payload is around 1650lbs.

I want to haul 200lbs cargo and put in a 40 gallon transfer flow tank. That leaves no room for passenger weight.

I've already blow the rear shocks, so I am thinking yellow/blue HD bilsteins. I would like to do a hellwig swaybar, shocks all around and HD payload package springs front/rear as well.

I don't like timbrens because they are 'bouncy' and I imagine airbags are the same. This truck has an extended warranty on it now (ford gave to me), and I don't want to throw out $25 grand extra on a new gasser F250.

Long story short, I am wondering the part numbers on the HD payload package springs from a 2015-2017 and the part numbers on the 2015 Lariat springs. This might get me into the 'zone' since the HD payload lariat super crew is like 2400 but lacks some misc options such as the sunroof and some electronics.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

The next time I'm at the second job I'll look them up for you if I can. On the shocks, have you looked at the overload coilover type shocks for it?
    '89 Mustang Coupe
    '01 Lightning #6257 of 6381
    '06 TBSS
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by EHardy1971 View Post
    The next time I'm at the second job I'll look them up for you if I can. On the shocks, have you looked at the overload coilover type shocks for it?
    This is a good suggestion. Had them on my 05 1500 silverado and it made a ton of difference.

Well my plan is to do this setup and put the transfer flow tank in. I can pull the tank when I trade it in or sell it later and no one should notice the springs.

I might have missed the trailer though but gonna keep looking for a 30 classic. Heavy duty axles, has everything, and they don't change the style too much.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

I have a travel trailer exact same weight and pull with my F150. Your tongue weight will be more like 1400-1500 by time the trailer is loaded. Trust me.

Anyhow, don't screw with new springs. Bags with onboard compressor is way to go. Roughly $500 give or take. Why bags? Infinitely adjustable for your load, when not towing truck rides like stock. Love my bags. First mod for that weight.

I run billsteins as well. Good stuff.

I have the hellwig sway bar as well. Great bang for buck. It does restrict articulation, beware of that.

LT tires. You will be over your tire load rating with the stockers. If you keep the stockers, air rear tires up to 7psi over max sidewall.

DO NOT EXCEED 65 mph. That is max trailer tire speed rating.

Don't worry about more spring in front. With good WDH it will be fine. Your hitch NEEDS to have 1400# spring bars and needs be a premium hitch such as a Dual Cam, Hensley, propride.

That's all I have time for at the moment, I have over 10,000 miles pulling that exact combo with my 11 EB screw.

Don't attempt it without a WDH. Courting disaster. Your hitch will run a minimum of $600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Richard White
    Reproduction Window Sticker Guy

Well I missed this trailer. Now have been day dreaming about getting an older one and resto/retrofitting.

Anyway, are you staying in your axle ratings?

I am now wondering what the transfer flow tank weighs empty, or spend the $1000 swapping my 23 gallon tank to a 36 gallon tank. I also found out you can add 150lbs to the payload because they deduct that for driver weight, so it is more like 1800 on this truck, which isn't bad at all considering all the options it has.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

Yellow sticker is your rating period. That is cargo cap and includes 150# driver. That is total weight of cargo.

I feel you on the small tank.

I'm over on my rear axle rating. And gvwr. And cargo.

Realistically, to stay in ratings, ignore your "tow rating". Cargo capacity is the limiting item. Figure passengers, and whatever is in bed. Subtract from yellow sticker and you'll have tongue weight.

Tongue weight is 15% of trailer weight. Some will say 10 but it's 15 most of time.

A trailer with max gvwr of 6000# is about all you are realistically good for by the numbers.

A dually is in my future one of these days. Done lot of upgrades on my truck to do what I'm doing. When these trucks get light in front they get very sketchy very fast.

When I get diesel dually it won't get light in front. Lol.

Richard White

Actually on the new ones they allow 150 over for driver, looked it up and it states that.

Maybe I will start a renovation on an older trailer and knowing how things go I will have another truck by the time it's done. Probably got at least another couple years in this one. Until then I will watch ponyboi's RV thread to pass the time.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

If you pick up one, inspect the roof. Walk on it. If you feel the plywood give, keep walking. Water intrusion is biggest killer of campers. Even a couple of years old they can leak. If roof is soft or if floor is soft, keep looking.

Richard White

Man I plan to gut it. No way I can find a solid vintage airstream that solid. But i think the roof and roof frame are aluminum, floors probably gonna be junk or iffy or maybe luck will work out.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

I also want to run a propane/gas generator and leave it in the bed of the truck. Ever see anyone do that?

Just route the exhaust out of the punchouts in the front of the bed, remove the plastic before obviously. Leave the bed cover shut.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

If gutting, then not as big a deal. And if airstream then you won't be walking on roof.

Yes, have seen some run generators in bed. Never seen with bedcover closed though. Heat would be an issue. Length of cord to camper would be other issue according to where the cord plugs in.

FYI, a lot of toyhaulers have provision for generator built into them for storage and such. And most rvs do as well.

Richard White