Thread: Has it really been 16 years? 9-11

Has it really been 16 years? 9-11

I'm getting old(er).

It sure has. Somehow.
    There is no signature, only Zuul.

It seems so much more recent because how the event was burned into your memory.

It is interesting seeing the footage looking a little dated now. It provoked me to research the advent of phone cameras last night and believe it or not 9/11 predates camera phones by quite a few years.

Also, History channel does a good job by updating and adding in stories over the years.
    Non Elite Member #1
    1990 SSP

If we had smartphones back then some of the video available would have been absolutely horrifying. Think of Kevin Cosgrove's phone call as the tower collapsed times a couple thousand, including passengers on the hijacked planes using FaceTime on airline Wi-Fi. We'd have a front row seat to the entire thing. Eerie.

HDTV wasn't all that prevalent either, so watching clips in the grainy old video with old cars in the background really helps hammer home how long ago it really was.
    There is no signature, only Zuul.

I remember at work they emailed a bunch of horrifying pictures of people that were jumping off the upper floors cause they didn't want to burn to death.