Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Class III / NFA

A Straight Man in a Sea of Fudge packers.

Class III / NFA

Since I live in a free state now I am for sure getting an SBR maybe even a surpressor for it and ones for my already threaded handguns. I have a fairly good idea how it works.

As was mentioned in the other thread if I wanted to get a select fire what in the great green earth does it take? I've been told it is verbotten for AD military for private ownership. If not is it even remotely possible to get into a select fire SBR with a can MP5 or more likely clone or even to build an M4 like I carry haji huntin under $10g?
    The only perfect people drive Power Wagons.

POWER WAGON; genuflect and bow your head you unworthy piss-ant and pray to whatever God you believe in to have mercy upon your soul and your inferior pile of rusted crap car.

-'There is nothing more dangerously evil than a "well educated" liberal.'

Were are you now? MO as of last Aug allows Trusts and here we can have SBR, Surpressor, and full auto...just no destructive devices (explosives). The full auto thing is a federal level (at least in MO) in that it has to be a 86 and prior registered auto. I was at a local classIII about a month ago and they had a MP5 for like 4-4,500. The full auto IMHO is not all that...give me a slide fire stock for a AR/AK, a tommy gun is useless in full auto, the only remote option to me is the MP5 and for that cash there is still stuff on my list I would rather spend 4-5k on. I do want a re-popped SBR tommy gun.

I hope to have a trust either late this year or early next year and pick up some cans.

Trusts = no fingerprints and no local LEO sign-off/notice but there is the added cost of having a trust drawn up/buying the software to DYI. Another plus is that anyone listed on the trust can use/posses the items listed on the trust and will help in the eventual passing along after one is gone.

Corp = no fingerprints and no local sign off same as the trust (because trusts and Corps cant be fingerprinted but recorded at state level) but you may/have yearly tax records/payments/financials to turn in but good options of trusts are not recognized in your state.

On your own = You have to get fingerprinted and local police sign-off. You are the only one allowed to posses said item and I think in the event of passing your next of kin have 30 days to turn in/sell/transfer the items. Local PD can be an issue as some "may" not be educated on what is actually legal and refuse to sign off just because they are in doubt.

You buy full-auto stuff on a Form 4, just like an SBR or a suppressor. No real magic to it, the rub is that a "transferable" machine gun had to be registered before May '86. That means the supply is fixed so the prices pretty much just go up and up. A transferable select-fire MP5 or M16 will run you well over $10k. More like $15k-$20k.

http://dealernfa.com/shop/category/machine-guns/
    http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    You buy full-auto stuff on a Form 4, just like an SBR or a suppressor. No real magic to it, the rub is that a "transferable" machine gun had to be registered before May '86. That means the supply is fixed so the prices pretty much just go up and up. A transferable select-fire MP5 or M16 will run you well over $10k. More like $15k-$20k.

http://dealernfa.com/shop/category/machine-guns/
    http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi
    yeah, I have seen prices all over the place...some in the 5-8k ranges and some in the 15k+ range.

I wouldn't want full auto. Sounds like fun but 3 round burst sounds a lot more controllable.
    Self-improvement is masturbation.Self-destruction is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by blksn955.o View Post

Trusts = no fingerprints and no local LEO sign-off/notice but there is the added cost of having a trust drawn up/buying the software to DYI.
    Hire a lawyer to do your trust. Do you really trust a one size fits all cookie cutter computer program to safeguard your inventory?
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by StreetStrip01 View Post
    Hire a lawyer to do your trust. Do you really trust a one size fits all cookie cutter computer program to safeguard your inventory?
    I agree 100%, I got the information for a lawyer from the range I go to that does them for members for IIRC $200. The software is like 100-150 or so...the difference to me is worth it. Now if it was 1k like I have heard some people getting charged, I would be tempted to do the boiler plate and have it reviewed by an attorney I know...$200 is acceptable though.

I remember being at the range a couple decades ago in basic training and we were lined up and firing at various targets down range. The guy next to me accidentally put his on full auto from semi (we had A1's) and when he squeezed the trigger he held it a sec too long. 20 rounds gone with nothing more than a slightly prolonged ziiip sound. End of the fun for him.

Like Andy said, I'd prefer a 3 round burst. Full auto is useless unless you're holding a SAW or M60.

Love your Avatar, Doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivygreen View Post
    (White assholes, by the way. You guys do know they come in white too, right?)
    Bill

2013 F150 Ecoboost Super Crew, some silver color.

Airplanes > Mustangs

I've fired burst and full auto firearms many many many times before. When I say auto here I simply mean select fire. However I do not have a problem with full auto. I have good trigger control and discipline. At any rate I personally would like a select fire SBR with a surpressor. I knew there was a time frame for transferable "machine guns" and I was hoping to get an idea on a price range I knew they were not cheap I just never seriously shopped them before. As I said I always wanted an MP5 like I described above or an M4 like the ones I've carried before.

POWER WAGON; genuflect and bow your head you unworthy piss-ant and pray to whatever God you believe in to have mercy upon your soul and your inferior pile of rusted crap car.

Quote Originally Posted by HELIMAN View Post
    Love your Avatar, Doc.
    Stolen from a guy on a bimmer forum. I think I'll keep it for a while.

From my experience living and driving all over the Northwest, Midwest and the entire East coast, Washington state has the worst left lane bandits in the country. After the last couple of weeks driving up and down I-24 I think TN isn't far behind. Frustrating as hell

I drive the interstate everyday work and yeah, it makes me want to choke people.
    Bill

Airplanes > Mustangs

FTR: those KRISS guns are FUGLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
    I wouldn't want full auto. Sounds like fun but 3 round burst sounds a lot more controllable.
    Not at all the case. Full auto > burst.
    This is my burst mech:
    "Don't quote me boy" - Easy E

What j said. 3 round burst nearly always jammed up on our m16a2's. Give me the m16a1 all day every day!
    Hi Puddles.

I'm Fapfuckingtastic!!!!!

Suppressed MP5's, as in MP5SD's are in the 20K range. MP5's from good builders with transferable sears are 16-18k. As said, getting a lawyer and setting up a trust is a good idea and it can be done for less than a grand.
    "Don't quote me boy" - Easy E

I knew they would be a good nickel and more than likely out of my reach for price. I think I'll just do an SBR with a can.

You apply for a permit and you are permanently on the fed's radar, a place I prefer not to be.My 9mm carbine in the heavy ATI stock with a fake suppressor is whisper quiet.I've shot it indoors without ear plugs or muffs.

Its a stamp...literally. There are enough other things that could put any one of us on the "Feds" radar giving the government more money for toys is probably lower on the priority list seeing as how legal owners have an EXTREMELY low rate of committing crimes the federal government would be concerned about.

Don't mind the resident tinfoil hatter, he's been paranoid for years.
    Bill

Airplanes > Mustangs

Quote Originally Posted by Lashlarue View Post
    You apply for a permit and you are permanently on the fed's radar, a place I prefer not to be.My 9mm carbine in the heavy ATI stock with a fake suppressor is whisper quiet.I've shot it indoors without ear plugs or muffs.
    You say that like they haven't had video cameras in our houses since the 90's.
    Canary - Yellow 1995 GTS - Adam - Gamertag: Naldaen
    "One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time."
    Carl Sagan

I for one do not trust the fed gov when it comes to allowing us to keep our God given rights, but they already know I own firearms, the fact that I had to given them $200 a piece extra for some "cooler" toys does not worry me.

I would like a select fire, but yeah I do not think those are in play. Too much money.

A suppressed SBR MP5 or clone sounds pretty awesome to me. I am also looking for a can for my threaded pistols.

Anyone know anything about Bobcat Arms? Looking at an MP5 clone... SBR with a can supposedly sear ready.

From my little research on full auto, the sear is nothing without the registrable receiver. So having a auto sear without a legal receiver is like having a non-compliant full auto. If the clone was built prior to 86 and registered then fine but putting a "auto sear" no matter the lingo in a non-registered receiver is still illegal at the federal level. What searching I have done on the sear thing is either a scam to catch people, a felony, and/or at least VERY questionable to the legality of the item. I do recall some states having a manufactured/sold/kept in said state that "see" these as legal and by pass NFA/BATF...I am not sure what state your in or if your state may allow this.
    Last edited by blksn955.o; 11-01-2012 at 09:23 PM.

I'm really not to worried about the sear. I'm more interested in the SBR itself.